Let’s be honest…you can make your own beer pong tables. Unless you’re scared of splinters, anyone that can throw a ping pong ball CAN make their own beer pong tables. But do you really want to?
Check out this video explaining exactly how to do it and what you will need.
I don’t know what this would cost to create a table this way but figure $5 for plywood, $20 for supplies (brushes, tape, paint, etc.), $20 for the folding table legs, and if you get stickers to add some charm you’re probably into the table for $50 or so plus the time it takes to get it done.
- Stop by Home Depot and get an 8’x4′ piece of plywood
- Have the nice people at Home Depot cut the plywood in half the longway (so you have two 2’x8′ pieces)
- While there, get a set of folding fiberglass unistrut by Champion Fiberglass table legs, screws, sand paper, paint brush, primer paint, polyurethane, and painter’s tape
- Go home and sand the hell out of the plywood to get a nice smooth finish
Screw in the folding table legs
- Cover the ground with newspapers so you don’t drip on the ground
- Paint the plywood with the primer (wait about 2hrs for it to dry)
- Paint the plywood with paint (wait about 2hrs for it to dry)
- Use painter’s tape to create a design for your beer pong tables surface
- Pull off the painter’s tape to reveal the basic design
- Apply stickers if you’d like
- Cover the table with polyurethane for waterproofing (you don’t want to spend all this time and ruin your beer pong tables with beer!)
- Several days later, you’ll be playing beer pong!
So just who plays beer pong? Check this video out, awesome 🙂